Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happiness in a plastic bag?



It's fairly safe to assume that most of us don't have tons of spare time or extra cash. So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my new favorite thing. Unlike Oprah's list, I actually tried this . . . Trader Joe's pizza dough. It's a dollar, and comes in a bag in the fresh aisle. One dollar, people. While you are all well aware of my love affair with my KitchenAid mixer, it takes a lot of time to make pizza dough. It takes much less time to plunk the bag onto the counter.

Marinara sauce, mozzerella, fresh basil, and oodles of goat cheese and twenty minutes later, my apartment smelled like an Italian diner.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I want pizza now ... that looks delicious.

Do you just bake it on a cookie sheet?

Jen said...

Dude, seriously, how did you get it to come out all crunchy looking? They ran out of the plain so I had to buy the herb kind, but it didn't turn out so great. Mayhaps because I don't have a rolling pin ...

Stephanie said...

Yeah chickie, you need to revel in your grownup-ness and buy yourself a rolling pin!

I lightly floured my cutting board, rolled it out, and baked it on my pizza crisper. A baking sheet should work fine too, but my pizza crisper set me back $15, so I consider it a fine investment. Mine is sorta like this:
http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-II-Nonstick-Pizza-Crisper/dp/B00009XFWY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1204782380&sr=8-5