Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Randoms

I have homework to do, Helen!

The rules:

* link to the person that tagged you
* post the rules on your blog
* share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
* tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
* let each random person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Here it goes.

1. I was obsessed with gardening and plants as a child. I'm actually quite surprised that I didn't become a plant biologist or a landscaper-to-the-stars (maybe it's because plant biologists make even less than cell biologists . . .). I begged my mom to buy me gardening books, and tried to make bonsai trees (some even worked). Some of my best childhood memories are in the garden with my mom. To this day, I correct narrators on HGTV when they mistakenly call something a perrenial, or an Iceberg rose a Hybrid Tea (it's a floribunda, people).

2. I often look like I'm biting my nails. I'm not - I have never bitten my nails. I bite the skin on the sides of them (I know, icky).

3. If I hear a song I like, I go absolutely nuts until I find out who it is by. I will save lyrics on my phone to google them, run to a computer to check the radio's website, you name it, I will do it. On the plus side, I have discovered many great bands this way, such as the Stereophonics when I was 14 (they are still my favorite band).

4. I collect Crane stationery, and am very OCD about writing thank you notes. I hold grudges against those who do not send them. If I pick out a wedding present for you, the least I expect in return is a two-line note saying that you got your serving platter you registered for. People who thank on AIM need to be put down.
* Note: I have been to 4 weddings in the past year. I have gotten one thank you note. You can logically deduce how I feel about this.

5. Caffeine really does not affect me. I like it, and it keeps me perky, but not Katie Couric perky. I can have a triple shot latte, and take a nap afterwards. In other words, it keeps me awake, but doesn't keep me from falling asleep. I am the polar opposite of the boy (we shall call him disenchanted grad student), who has a Coke at noon and is poking me to watch a movie with him at 3 am.

6. My most treasured posession is a stuffed monkey. My parents gave it to me for my first Christmas, when I was two months old, and I slept with it every night (and took it on every trip I ever went on). To this day, it is the only stuffed animal in my room, and likely will never leave. Very few people know its name, but I named it when I was a year or two old, and its moniker is rather apt. Do you know?

I really don't know who else I can tag :( The only people I know with blogs already did this ::tear::