Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yesterday, my friends Jen, Faith, and I threw a shower for Helen. In four weeks, she and her fiance Jon (all of us went to college together) are getting married in what will likely be the most gorgeous wedding EVER (and I'm excited because my bridesmaid dress is actually cute). I did the food with some amazing help from Jen (and also ran around playing photographer) and Faith can be thanked for the beautiful chinese paper lanterns, favors, and flowers. So what's a fabulous shower without photos?






















All photos were taken using a Canon 50mm f/1.8, the new love of my life. Thanks for letting us throw such a fun party, Helen! I was barely functional since I had 2 hours of sleep, due to an excrutiatingly early time point in lab, running to pick up cupcakes, and cooking/assembling the food, but it was all worth it - I think it was lovely!

4 comments:

Amanda Heismann Gray, CPM said...

I love these photos. I just bought a canon rebel xt :D I hope my photos will turn out as well!

Anonymous said...

It certainly WAS lovely. Thank you so much for everything, you rock!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos - I picked up a Canon EOS Rebel XSi back in May and love it too. The shower seems like it was really a nice time :)

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL party. PS - jealous of your awesome camera. ;)