Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beauty in the Breakdown

I had a conversation with my father the other day regarding the number of forclosures on homes where I live. Too many people felt that even though they didn't have the money for a down payment, even though their credit score was worse than the week-old yeast cultures in my lab, felt that they were owed something - a piece of the American dream, a chance at becoming a homeowner.

Too many people these days have an incredibly sick sense of entitlement. "I deserve to own a home." "I deserve to be married." But in my schaudenfreuden-rich bystander position, I've gotta say, it's rather interesting to watch all of these people who thought they deserved a house, who thought they deserved a marriage after just months of dating have a rather brutal confrontation with reality.

Just because you feel like you want it, like you need it . . . good luck holding on to it. Why are so few people I know actually making sane life choices (*Helen, you are included in the sane group*)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe thanks for the confirmation!